Thursday, July 5, 2007

Confession

Looking at me you would think I was a fairly well-adjusted young woman. I've been told by many that I appear confident, outgoing, and self-assured. I like that I portray this image.

I'd like to think I am all those things, but in the depths of me (in the hidden places) you will find secret fears and desires. Little beasts that have captured much of who I was as a child - from whom I have since been trying to get myself back. Insecurity, left unchecked by its owner is a poison.

I have struggled with bulimia and some anorexic tendencies for the past 10 years. I am on the mend, however. Hence, the need for this "tell-all" of a blog - an effort for full disclosure, self-awareness, and healing.

I'm not sure who it is really designed for: the reader, the writer, the curious passerby. It's uncertain. I do, however, hope you read this. At times, I'm sure it will sound much like today - a confession, other times stories of victory will surface, and even still there will be times when you want to stop reading, maybe - because you feel as though you are invading the privacy of a perfect stranger. Keep reading. Chances are you know someone who has an eating disorder - You know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment