Monday, July 9, 2007

Old Habits Die Hard

So...I've totally been on an up swing with this whole eating thing. I've been following nutritionist's, therapist's, and doctor's orders. I've been running, yoga-ing, pilates-ing, de-stressing, blogging, talking about issues, not letting my emotions get the better of me...I've been good.

But, with the ups come the downs. They're good. They bring me back to earth - back to the realization that I have a problem and am handling it.

The other night my husband wasn't home. I was... conveniently, so was a carrot cake. I ate a slice, a really little one - everything in moderation, folks. Then, I had another slice, not so little, not so much in moderation. Then, I proceeded to eat two chocolate cookies and 5 bags of popcorn...all in my mind. The 2 pieces of carrot cake were a glitch, but the desire to eat everything in sight was so overwhelming that I proceeded to throw a bag full of "tempting" food in the trash.

Minor setback.

I spent the rest of the night sipping water, fighting the urge to throw-up, and reflecting upon the evils of cream cheese icing - which is really not at all that evil (but quite delicious). I reminded myself that 2 pieces of carrot cake wasn't a binge and that I had stopped. I might actually be pulling this recovering thing off. Success.

Now, explaining to my husband why his chocolate chip cookies were in the trash...

No comments:

Post a Comment