Monday, February 18, 2008

Today is the Day

So, how do you tell about 100+ of your colleagues about your eating habits...and about how wacked out your mind actually is?

This morning I will be presenting to my fellow co-workers about my past year of self-reflection and discovery - specifically pertaining to the strides I have made in conquering my disordered eating.

I some how feel as though whatever I say will not jolt people enough...that I will fail to express just how serious eating disorders are, and that some jerk of a man will say something like..."she should have waited about 20 more pounds before getting help."

I work with the best group of people in the world and I have serious doubts that anything will happen. In fact, I know that awareness will be raised and that those I work with will now feel as though they have an on-campus resource...or an advocate.

As I look back on the past year I am very proud and thankful for all that has been accomplished, but I look forward knowing that there is SO much farther to go.

For those of you who have been reading...thanks for coming on my journey. This is by no means my last post....just some silly time of reflection before I take the next step by making all my secrets public.

Have a great day and know that you are beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a wonderful stride forward you are taking! I pray all went well and that somehow the Lord was glorified through your sharing ,b/c we both know that He is the only one who can give us final victory...do share the final outcome!
    Love you,
    Heather
    p.s. I really am so psyched to see you in March!

    ReplyDelete