Wednesday, October 24, 2007

For the 1st time ever....potatoes didn't make it better

Sorry to all for the hiatus. I seem to apologize for those quite a bit. Life has been busy. So busy, in fact, that I have not even thought about what I've been eating...except for a brief stint in vegetarian cuisine that my husband and I are trying to undertake. I heart vegetables.

Well, I had a bad day today. I woke up sore (from nothing, I've just started waking up sore) and completely unwilling to go to work. Things escalated from there. Long story short, I ended up in my office tearing up and determined that for lunch I was going to have some form of fried potatoes that would make it all better. Comfort eater...gotta love it.

This is the first time in a while that I've knowingly gone for the comfort food in an effort to improve my spirits.

The funny thing is that by lunch time I was feeling better, issues had been resolved, and I was perfectly satisfied with my PBJ on organic whole wheat. But, I wanted those potatoes. It was settled in my mind that they were indeed the source of all happiness and nothing, come hell or high water, was going to stop me from partaking.

So, I ate some tater tots from the cafeteria. Oily, gross, full of chemical grossness tater tots. They didn't make me feel better. They made me feel horrible. They are currently residing in my stomach - planted and unmoving like a fat man at an all you can eat seafood buffet.

Good Lesson for the emotional eater and guilt purger that I am (not that I've purged in over a year and a half) - score.

No comments:

Post a Comment